On 20 & 21 February 2020, Lisbon (Portugal) have hosted the BioTech Pharma Summit: Liquid Biopsy 2020 conference. This year's event brought together the leaders in the field from pharma, biotech, Dx companies and healthcare and be the home of multi-stakeholder and pan-industry collaboration for liquid biopsy, molecular pathology and precision medicine experts to explore the expanding and evolving field whereby Circulating Biomarkers of various classes are being evaluated for their potential to be developed into diagnostics for cancer as well as application of liquid biopsy testing, across biofluids, biomarkers and disease indications, as the needle shifts on the gold standard of personalized healthcare testing.
"Latest findings on the clinical applications of CTCs, ctDNA, miRNAs and exosomes in real time monitoring of systemic anticancer therapies has been discussed"
Technological advancements in research on circulating biomarkers from patient derived blood have enabled a less invasive means of diagnosing non-hematologic cancers. Considered a more practical way of real-time patient monitoring than traditional tumor biopsy, liquid biopsy markers including circulating tumor cells (CTCs), circulating tumor DNA (ctDNA) and extracellular vesicles (EVs) and exosomes certainly have the potential to change the dynamics of cancer management and treatment.
"An opportunity to learn new process and technology refinements that can enable molecular liquid biopsies to become a fulcrum in the future of precision medicine."
The BioTech Pharma Summit: Liquid Biopsy 2020 has become an important annual event for leaders in the community to discuss the tools, validation and implementation of circulating biomarkers, which are transforming our understanding and management of disease. At the Liquid Biopsy Summit we have presented some recent developments with regards to exosome and ctDNA research and understand the future perspectives on the areas of research for these biomarkers. We believe these non-invasive capabilities and their potential for diagnostic development can influence treatment selections and aid precision cancer therapies.
Key Practical Points
- Artificial Intelligence for Liquid Biopsies
- Liquid Biopsy: New Opportunities, Technologies, and Challenges in the Field
- Clinical integration of liquid biopsy
- Circulating Tumor Cells: History and Future Perspectives
- Improving the Quality of Circulating Tumor DNA Measurements
- Circulating Tumor Cells in Monitoring Cancer
- Extracellular vesicles (Evs)
- New Tools for Liquid Biopsies: Microfluidic Platforms for the Isolation of CTCs, cfDNA and Exosomes
- CTC Isolation Platforms and Using CTCs for Monitoring Therapy Responses
- Dissecting Mechanisms of Breast Cancer Metastasis Using Patient Derived Circulating Tumor Cells
- Liquid Biopsies in Cancer Immunotherapy Clinical Drug Development
- Heterogeneity of Cancer-Derived Extracellular Vesicles
- Liquid Biopsies in Oncology and the Current Regulatory Landscape
- Validating Liquid Biopsies in Cancer
- ctDNA Liquid Biopsy Assay
Thanks to our Sponsors
Myriad by SANA*****
On the banks of the Tagus River and with panoramic views, the unique and futuristic oasis that is MYRIAD offers luxurious, contemporary accommodation. It features a chic restaurant & bar and an indoor pool with spa and fitness facilities.
Featuring original and colorful décor, each spacious suite and room has stunning views of Lisbon, Tagus River and Vasco da Gama Bridge. Each has a flat-screen TV, an espresso coffee machine and a minibar.
MYRIAD by SANA Hotels serves a buffet breakfast daily. The designed restaurant serves Portuguese and international cuisine, guests also have the option of dining al-fresco. The bar offers evening entertainment and has a large selection of cocktails and snacks.
Guests can enjoy a swim in the indoor pool which has a massage area. Relax with a variety of treatments in the SPA center while the sporty type can exercise in the gym. MYRIAD by SANA Hotels has large seating areas for guests to relax or socialize.
The hotel also has an events center for weddings, parties or conferences. Lisbon International Airport is a 10 minute drive away.
Parque das Nacoes is a great choice for travelers interested in monuments, city trips and history.