On 06 & 07 September 2018, Paris will host the BioTech Pharma Summit: Gut-Brain Axis 2018 conference. This year's event brings together leading scientists, physicians, and senior leaders to explore the brain and its engagement with the GI-nervous system axis in health and disease.
With 20+ expert speakers, 20+ case studies demonstrating disease causation of the gut-brain axis
The ability of gut microbiota to communicate with the brain is emerging as an exciting concept in health and disease. Mounting evidence, mostly from rodent studies, suggests that gut microbes help shape normal neural development, brain biochemistry, and behaviour.
The Gut-Brain Axis 2018 is set to be the “must-attend” meeting for anyone interested in unlocking the potential of the gut-brain axis, and translating it into safe, effective and commercially viable therapeutics.
The Gut-Axis 2018 will be dedicated to help large pharma, biotech, academics and clinicians exploring and understand the GBA in demonstrating disease causation.
Key Practical Points
- Commercialisation and investment perspectives of microbiome – based diagnostics and therapeutics
- Effectively understand and manipulate the Gut-Brain Axis
- Learn about the microbiota and their metabolites and neurotransmitters production
- The impact of environment and age on shaping our individual microbiota
- Discover tools and technologies to help investigate the GBA
- Build predictive pre-clinical models in the gut-brain axis
- Role that the GI microbiome plays in modulating the immune system and the GI-brain axis.
- Current options for prevention, diagnosis and treatment of neurodegenerative, metabolic and autoimmune disorders
- The importance of the gut–brain axis in emotional, behavioral and development disorders
- Clinical applications of microbiome in oncology and beyond
- Develop commercially viable therapeutics and nutritional products
- Probiotics, prebiotics, synbiotics and psychobiotics
Rochellys Diaz Heijtz
Associate Professor and Group Leader in the Department of Neuroscience at Karolinska Institutet
Professor of Psychiatry and a Principal Investigator in the APC Microbiome Institute at University College Cork
Thanks to our Sponsors
Le Méridien Etoile Paris****
Le Méridien Etoile is opposite the Paris Convention Center and is 3.1 mi from La Défense. The Champs-Elysées’s famous shops and the Arc de Triomphe are less than a 20-minute walk away and the Parc des Princes Stadium is 15 minutes away by car.
In this stylish property with modern decor, all air-conditioned rooms come with private bathrooms and flat-screen TVs. The rooms are soundproofed and room service is available for all meals.
Ma Chère & Tendre Restaurant serves French cuisine and meals can be enjoyed in the dining room decorated with warm colors. LM Club Lounge is located in the upper floors of the property and provides views of Paris and the Eiffel Tower. A continental breakfast, sweet and savory snacks as well as wine & cheese can be enjoyed in this area.
The Jazz Club Etoile is located on the ground floor of the Méridien Etoile. It is a well-known Paris jazz club and hosts some of the world’s best musicians. The club overlooks the interior courtyard. It also has a terrace in the interior garden, where you can enjoy snacks and cocktails.
Access to Porte Maillot Metro station (Line 1) is 200 m from the hotel. This line goes to the business district of La Défense and to central Paris.