The Probiotics, Human & Skin Microbiome event, brings together leading scientists, physicians, and senior leaders to explore the potential insights into the Probiotics, Human & Skin Microbiome that exhibits significant potential in the near future. The event will showcase Industry Case Studies and regulatory insights of the skin microbiome and its impact on cutaneous structure in healthy, aged and compromised state as well as integrated approaches that has been used in human gut microbiome research.
Probiotics as a key functional ingredient in targeting major skin concerns (acne, blemishes, wrinkles etc) is gaining popularity in research, with increasing clinical evidence pointing towards their efficacy. Probiotics – products containing live bacteria – comprise of only a small portion of commercialized cosmetic products and hold great untapped potential in the skincare market. However, implementing live bacteria into mainstream products is not easy. Bacterial products require aseptic conditions, a challenge for packaging, and often have a short shelf life so do not last long.
The current skin microbiome market is dominated by Western countries, with Europe and US being the two largest consumers of cosmetics, but the Asian and Latin American regions are rapidly growing, and a shift is expected within the coming years. The growth of the market only emphasises the huge opportunities for companies working in the skin microbiome space.
This year’s agenda will aim to examine the latest scientific, technological and commercialisation trends in the industry. Presentations will cover topics such as skin health, wellbeing and skin microbiome- associated disease, emerging technologies in the skin microbiome field and cosmetic versus therapeutic regulatory considerations. Don't miss the opportunity to join leading industry experts to explore next steps for skin microbiome research and development, as well as commercialization.
Key Practical Points
- Skin Disease & Microbiome
- The impact of environment and age on shaping our individual microbiota
- The skin microbiome: Current perspectives and future challenges
- Preservative Free-Formulation, Manufacturing and Packing
- The Skin Microbiome & Big Data
- Metabolites & Skin Microbiome
- The Development and Maintenance of the Skin Barrier
- Learn from research applied to atopic dermatitis, seborrheic dermatitis, fungal-associated diseases and co-infecting microbes that promote chronic wound infection
- Build on existing partnerships and create new collaborations across industry & academia
- Commercialization of Microbiome-Based Personal Care
- Human Skin Microbiome: From metagenomes to therapeutics
- Regulation considerations for dermatology & cosmetics
- The applications of L. reuteri DSM 17938 in skin health
- Commercialising the Therapeutic Potential of The Microbiome in the Field of Metabolic Diseases
- Discover the latest research into commensal fungi of the mammalian skin
- Assess the role of the human skin microbiome in precision health
- Get the latest insights on successful strategies to commercialise Skin Microbiome Research
- Discover how electrogenic skin bacteria will become novel probiotics for treatments of human diseases
- Explore a radical shift in the beauty industry, which is seeking to be increasingly pro-bacterial
Who should attend?
Members of board, C-level, Senior Vice Presidents, Vice Presidents, Directors and Heads of departments from pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry / industries involved in:
- Scientific Project Leader
- Academic Researchers
- Molecular Toxicology
- Nutrition & Health
- Laboratory Director
- Independent Beauty Brands
- Regulatory Affairs
- Modeling and Data Specialist
- Microbiome and Lipid Biology
- Genome Editing
- Business Develoment
- Associate Research Director
- Strategy & Business
- Safety Risk Lead
- Skin & Health
- Preclinical Group Leader
- Cosmetic Formulators
- Ingredients Suppliers
- Research Investigator
- Packaging Manufacturers
Exhibitors & Sponsors
BaseClear is an independent contract research laboratory for DNA-based analyses. For all areas in which DNA plays a key role, BaseClear offers convenient and high-quality solutions since 1993.
BaseClear distinguishes itself by having a highly customer-oriented approach, direct communication and a close collaboration with our customers to develop solutions specifically matched to their needs.
Symprove was born in 2002, founded in the belief that recovering and maintaining a healthy gut balance can help you live a fuller life. We hold that same belief today, but have stayed curious in the years since, dedicated to researching the microbiome and developing the Symprove formula.