Account Director at Ypsomed AG
Jakob is an Engineer and Materials Scientist by training with an MSc degree in Chemical Engineering from the Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm, Sweden and a PhD in Polymer Science from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne, Switzerland. He has written and published close to 40 peer-reviewed papers on medical devices, packaging materials and polymers and is a regular contributor to technical and scientific conferences.
Jakob started his professional career as a Research Scientist in packaging R&D with Nestlé at the Nestlé Research Centre in Lausanne, Switzerland. He then worked in R&D Management with GE Healthcare Biosciences in Uppsala, Sweden, before joining Ypsomed in Burgdorf in 2006.
With Ypsomed he has held different positions within Marketing and Sales as well as in R&D Project Management. He is currently Senior Director Delivery Systems and the head of Ypsomed's autoinjector business. In this role he oversees teams managing the autoinjector product platforms and the customer relationships for device development projects and marketed device products.
Title: User-driven product development: Focus on self-injection devices
- Introduction to devices for self-injection with market overview
- The platform approach
- The development process and where the user fits in
- Techniques to capture user capabilities and preferences
- Case study 1, Sensor-based quantification of user forces during simulated use
- Case study 2, How eye-tracking can provide insights into user behavior and help product development