Investment Advisor at Seventure
Professor Denise Kelly joined Seventure Partners, a European Leader in Venture Capital, in 2015 as an Investment Advisor to the Life Sciences Team and is focused specifically, on Human Microbiome investment opportunities, globally.
Prior to joining Seventure, Denise was Head of her Research Lab at the World-renowned Rowett Institute, University of Aberdeen, where she acquired over 20 years experience in gut microbiology and immunology. She was the (former) Founder Director, CEO and CSO of GT Biologics Ltd, one of the first translational spinouts, developing Innovative Microbiome-based Therapies. She is the main inventor on numerous EU and USA patent applications and during her career has collaborated with pharmaceutical and healthcare companies on several translational projects.
Denise holds a BSc and PhD from Queen’s University, Belfast and an Emeritus Professorship from the University of Aberdeen.
Translating the Human Gut Microbiome- Progress through Innovation and Investment
- Introduction to Seventure’s CEO and the microbiome investment funds
- Overview of the progress in the gut microbiome space, from composition to function (metagenomics and metabolomics)
- Discuss the healthy gut microbiome and deviation from healthy state in human disease
- Highlight some of the scientific and technical challenges from research through to clinic
- Discuss the importance of IP in a competitive space
- Highlight the various microbiome modalities and function/MoA
- Summarise Seventure’s current microbiome-focused investments
- Our current investment focus – what we are looking for